In an effort to help heal myself from the grief and loss issues surrounding my life the past five years, I have decided to embark on a new diet. But rather than focus on deprivation and cutting out things, this one will be about trying to add more joy and happiness into my life! What a concept! To focus on fun rather than more pain and suffering. There will be absolutely no cutting calories on this diet. In fact, the first rule of this diet is that I will make a batch of cupcakes every week (try new recipes) and be sure to eat one or two. And I want to spread the joy - so those cupcakes have to be shared!
1. Make a batch of cupcakes weekly - eat one or two - share the rest.
2. Start knitting every day because for me knitting is a great joy and I find that doing so provides excellent relaxation, calm and a healing meditative experience.
3. Watch more comedies.
4. Laugh more.
5. Get more sleep and rest. Yes, it is okay to get more than 4-6 hours of sleep a night.
6. Be more forgiving to self and others.
7. Cook one "comfort food" meal a week. What I am craving, not my boys.
8. Think of myself a little more.
9. Listen to more uplifting music every day.
10. Get the boys to help around the house more.
11. Smile more even when I don't feel like it.
12. Project a more positive attitude even if I don't feel like it.
13. Start to act like what I want to happen is already happening (The Law of Attraction and all that).
14. Eat in a more healthy manner all round.
15. Start exercising (by walking in the park daily starting now!).
16. Making the focus of my days "Being Kind and Doing No Harm."
That is enough for now. More good ideas can always be added down the road.